Monday, April 09, 2007

Sidney Ponson Gets Shelled

Yes, shocking.

2/3 of the Trio of Horror pitched well in their debuts (Ramon Ortiz and Carlos Silva), but Sidney Ponson could not do the same, as the Yankees beat the Twins 8-2. Here was Ponson's line:

5.2 IP, 10 HR, 8 ER, 3 BB, 2 K

Yikes. Sadly, even if he had been excellent, it probably wouldn't have been enough to win, as the bats were mostly silent against Carl Pavano, as they could only muster 6 hits and 2 runs off of him in 7 innings.

Meanwhile, even with the 4-2 start and division lead, things aren't all good for the Twins. Injuries and ineffectiveness from many guys are putting a little bit of a damper on the quick start, but as Twinkie Town notes, it is pretty early.

Andy Pettitte vs. Boof Bonser in game 2 of the series... hopefully it's better than the first game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Understandably your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you post, choice look forward in behalf of more related articles without delay as its sole of my favourite issue to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.