Sunday, August 27, 2006

2 out of 3 ain't bad!

So it was a disappointing game on Sunday, with Carlos Silva laying yet another thing. But if you had told me coming in we'd win 2 of 3, I'd have taken that. Which is, of course, what the Twins did, leaving Chicago with a 1/2 game lead in the Wildcard and only 5 games behind the Detroit Tigers.

Now the Twins get a day off before heading back home for a 3-game series with the Kansas City Royals. Meanwhile, the Sox will stay home as the Tampa Bay Devil Rays come to town. Here's the breakdown of the schedules the rest of the way, with how many games they have against each opponent:

Minnesota Twins
KC: 7 (home)
DET: 4 (home)
CWS: 3 (home)
CLE: 4 (away)
NYY: 3 (away)
BOS: 3 (away)
BAL: 3 (away)
TB: 3 (away)
OAK: 3 (home)

Chicago White Sox
MIN: 3 (away)
KC: 3 (away)
CLE: 7 (4 home / 3 away)
DET: 3 (home)
BOS: 3 (away)
TB: 3 (home)
LAA: 3 (away)
OAK: 3 (away)
SEA: 4 (home)

Minnesota: 76-53
Chicago: 76-54

Um yeah. That 3-game series to end the season might be pretty important, I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, again Silva didn't really have it. Bartlett's errors didn't help, but CWS 2 out rally in the 5ht I think wasn't his fault.

What can they do, though? Start Baker instead? I can't really see 3 rookies in the rotation (and one not Liriano). I think Guerreir (sp) should get a start.

And Kyle Lohse shut me up yesterday, too. I was happy to take 2 of 3 as well. I will be happy again to take 2 of 3 from KC, especially with Garza, Boof and Radke starting. Who knows what you'll get.

twins15 said...

What to do with Silva seems to be the $1 million question... personally, I'd rather see Scott Baker get some more starters, or maybe even Matt Guerrier. Carlos Silva has just become too much of a liability in there.

Where's Liriano when we need him? :(

Anonymous said...

Isn't Liriano at least 2 weeks away? Silva's next start would be at NYY. The way he's pitching now, I don't even want to watch that game. First things first. Let's get by KC.

twins15 said...

Yeah, personally I'm not even counting on much from Liriano this year... if/when he does come back, it'll probably be out of the pen to start with, plus the Twins will be real cautious (and obviously with very good reason). If he comes back soon and is the same starter as he was earlier this year, well, I'll just consider that a bonus.